Monday 25 July 2011

Prompt 28 ~ I can't write....because.....

Is there some aspect of writing about which you often think, “I can’t do that.”  For me, for a long time it was, “I can’t write descriptions.”  And then, “I can’t write about things that aren’t based in some way on my experience.”  And then, “I can’t write short stories.”  And then, “I can’t write really short stories.”  Do you know how I managed to prove myself wrong each time?  By sitting down and writing.  So, I’d like you to complete the above sentence.  Then sit down and write.  By the end of it, I want you to have proved yourself wrong.

If you want to share the fruit of your labours, please leave a comment with the link to your post and at least one of us will come over and read it.

Ta!

~

We're going to be taking a break from posting prompts in August.  If the thought of this makes you wail, then please go ahead and submit a prompt idea or more to us at write26n (at) gmail (dot) com by the end of this month. If we like it, we'll use it for the month of August or beyond. 
 
*** I've just realised that we've given you the wrong email address in previous posts for submitting a prompt!  Eeeek.  Apologies.  So if you have submitted a prompt by email to us, can you please resubmit it to the correct address which is write26n (at) gmail (dot) com ***

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

very good prompt! I used to think I couldn't write for children but on our recent holiday i was inspired to write a children's story, which will be published soon online!

Have a good break!