Monday 31 October 2011

Prompt 38 ~ Sleep

This week's prompt is sleep.  And here are some quotes to get your imagination going...

I want to tell you a terrific story about oral contraception. I asked this girl to sleep with me and she said 'No.'
- Woody Allen

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?
- Ernest Hemingway

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
- Victor Hugo

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can't sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can't sleep with the window open.
- George Bernard Shaw

~

Ok, now go do your thing!  Poetic prose, pulsating poetry, incandescent free writing, writing in your sleep...pick your poison.

As ever, if you'd like to share, post a link to your writing in the comments below and we'll come over and read it.

Have a good week my pretties...


(Apologies for the weird font size - it's not me, it's blogger)

No comments: